Another season is complete, and while work is already well under way in preparation for next season, it’s a good time to reflect on what has been achieved this year. Our success is based on the collective effort and support of a huge number of people, and we can be very proud as a club of what we have achieved at senior and underage level including a historic league and cup double for our u17 squad. The recent good news on new stadium, together with our success on the field gives everyone involved the opportunity to build a project which can be a huge sporting, social and economic asset to Donegal and the North West.
We look forward now to a return to the premier division with all the challenges and excitement that that brings, while the success of our underage setup gives us great hope for the future. That we will be spending our fiftieth year in senior football in the top flight is a fitting tribute to all who have contributed to our club since it was founded.
In the short term we are looking forward to Ciaran Coll’s Testimonial Gala Dinner on Saturday night at the Radisson Blu Hotel in Letterkenny and the club end of season awards night at the Villa Rose Ballybofey on November 17th.
The club is currently engaged with licensing process and planning initiatives ahead of the considerable challenges of competing in the Premier Division and will keep supporters updated.
We welcome all expressions of interest from those interested in helping us prepare for our 50th anniversary in League of Ireland. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or for sponsorship opportunities please email email@example.com
Those we wish to thank for their efforts for Finn Harps this year include:
- Our management and backroom team
- Our senior players, including those who departed during the season, who have put such huge effort into getting the club straight back up.
- Our Academy, U15, U17 and U19 players and coaching staff, and of course the clubs and leagues that develop the players
- Academy coaches and volunteers
- Finn Harps Schools Committee and coaches
- Our main sponsor KN Group, whose support was invaluable throughout the year
- All those who sponsored matches, match balls, players, programme ads, pitch-side hoardings, draw prizes etc
- Kevin Bradley and Highland Bakery for their media advertising sponsorship
- Tommy Gallen and staff at the Villa Rose and Jackson’s Hotels
- Tony and Rory O’Mahoney and McGettigan Group for their ongoing help and support
- Our lotto and fundraising staff
- Our office and admin volunteers
- Our match-night team of stewards including the vital contribution from Ivan Harvey and all at Micad Security during the playoff games
- Ticket sellers, turnstile operators, PA Announcer, half time ticket sellers and Supporter Liaison Officer
- Local Gardai for their help on matchnights.
- FAI officials and admin staff for their ongoing help.
- Ground Development Committee
- Match Night hospitality staff including match night coordinator
- Our famous tea ladies and merchandise shop staff
- Our official match programme contributors and sellers
- Our pitch and ground maintenance volunteers
- Our marketing and social media volunteers including Press Record Videos and of course our design partners at DIAGA
- Champion Travel for their ongoing support including providing a great prize for our summer draw
- All local and national print, broadcast and online media for their coverage
- Our team doctor and Irish Red Cross
- Our shareholders and of course our ever loyal supporters both at home and who followed the team all over the country once more, especially those who organised buses to games home and away.
- Everyone who supported our fundraisers and events, including those members of the Diaspora who still lend us their unstinting support
- Our friends and partners on match nights at Mobstats
- The hardworking volunteers at our fellow League of Ireland clubs for their cooperation and professionalism
- Everyone at our match ticket outlets for their help and support including Michael Murphy Sports Letterkenny, The Hatter, Main Street Ballybofey, McKelvey’s Bar Ballybofey, Barrett’s bar, Ballybofey, McCauley’s Restaurant Lifford, Mac’s Newsagents Buncrana, Melly’s Cafe, Killybegs, The Coach House Donegal Town, Kernans Newtoncunningham
- Donegal County Council and LYIT for their continued support
608 total views, 1 views today