World Cup fever is building with the big kick off only days away. And that can only mean one thing! Its time to get your entry in to the Finn Harps World Cup 2018 Predictions competition!
The long running competition returns and it’s the usual format (see full rules below), regular players will be familiar with the added excitement the competition brings to the tournament, with every single game of the tournament mattering on your quest for glory. With an entry fee of only €10 of which 50% will go to the prize fund with the other 50% helping to support Finn Harps, so the more entries the more cash in the pot (e.g. 200 entries will mean a prize fund of €1,000).
Two years ago the Euro 2016 Predictions Champ was Paul McHugh who picked up €715 for his trouble, while runners up were the collaboration of Aisling and Cathal Cannon who shared €210 with the third prize of €100 going to Sean McHugh. Meanwhile at World Cup 2014 Tony Brogan was the champion picking up €735. But who will be the Predictions Tzar of Russia 2018!!?? As usual we will have regular score updates and (not so serious) commentary on the competition so far.
You can download the spreadsheet HERE , return it to FinnHarpsComp@gmail.com and pay via Paypal (this option adds a €1 fee to cover Paypal costs) below:
1. Entry fee is €10. Only fully paid up entries will be entered into the competition. Entries can be paid by cash, cheque, credit card, debit card or paypal. Anyone wishing to pay by credit/debit card or paypal must pay an additional €1 to cover paypal transaction fees, etc.
2. The deadline for entries is 9.00pm on Wednesday June 13th 2018. Postal entries will also be accepted IF posted NO LATER THAN 13th June.
3. Carefully complete the application form, correctly predicting all group stage results and completing the knockout stages.
4. Please ensure your group results lead to your correct winners and runners-up of each group as your group results will be used to determine your group winners and runners-up.
5. The scoring system (as outlined below) will be used to determine your progress and produce a final leaderboard.
6. Points are not awarded for RESULT of individual matches in the knock-out stages, although you must predict the results on your entry form so as to fully complete your predictions. PLEASE NOTE, you must NOT PREDICT DRAW for any game after the group stages.
7. In the event of an overall draw for any prize, the competition winner will be decided in the following order:
a) Closest to the tie-break answer
b) Should this still not yield a winner, the prize money will be shared
c) In the event of two people are tied for first place after the tie-break question, they will share the prize money for 1st and 2nd. In the event of two people tied for second place after the tie-break question, they will share the prize money for 2nd and 3rd.
50% of ENTRY FEE WILL GO TOWARDS FINN HARPS FOOTBALL CLUB
50% OF ENTRY FEE WILL GO INTO PRIZE FUND AND WILL BE SPLIT AS FOLLOWS:
1st Prize – 70% of the Prize Fund
2nd Prize – 20% of the Prize Fund
3rd Prize – 10% of the Prize Fund
Therefore, it there are 200 entries, €1000 will go to Finn Harps FC and €1000 will go into the Prize Fund. 1st Prize would be €700, 2nd Prize would be €200, 3rd Prize would be €100. The more entries there are, the bigger the prize fund.
3 Point for correctly predicting match outcome (i.e. win or draw).
5 Bonus Points for correctly predicting match result (i.e. correct scoreline)
20 Points for each correct Group Winner
15 Points for each correct Group Runner-Up
10 Points for each correct Group 3rd Place Team
5 Points for each correct Group 4th Place Team
15 Points for each team involved in Second Round (round of 16)
20 Points for each team involved in Quarter Finals
25 Points for each team involved in Semi-Finals
FINAL/3rd PLACE PLAYOFF
35 Points for each team involved in Final
25 Points for winner of playoff
50 Points for correctly predicting World Champions
If two or more people are level on points after the above scoring, the tie-break question will be used to decide who is higher placed. The person who is closest to the number of total goals scored in the entire tournament, will finish higher in the event of a tie. Should two or more people still remain tied, the prize will be shared. The answer to the tie-break question will be based on your score predictions for each match.
885 total views, 1 views today